Start off the Christmas Eve family gathering with some cocktail shrimp pastries. These little delights make great appetizers. Since this evening is a night filled with many fish dishes to honor traditions including shrimp to the menu is just perfect. With the addition of the pastry shells it is more filling and a neater finger food to enjoy and balance on a plate as you go around the room catching up with relatives you haven’t seen in a while.
- 2 packages of frozen miniature pastry tart shells
- 25-35 medium or 50-70 miniature cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of prepared shrimp cocktail sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of white horseradish
- Fresh lemon juice
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce with all the spices until well blended.
- In a separate bowl mix the white horseradish in with the cocktail sauce to kick it up a notch.
- Place the pastry tarts on a cookie sheet or serving tray.
- Add approximately one teaspoon full of the spiced cream cheese mixture into each pastry shell.
- Place ½ a teaspoon of the fiery cocktail sauce over the cream cheese.
- Add one medium sized shrimp or 4-6 miniature sized shrimps over the cocktail sauce.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice over the shrimp and place the tray in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: