Photo Credit Tom Coates
Are you having an informal gathering this New Year' Eve and trying to keep your food options under budget? Here is a delicious and affordable recipe for BBQ meatballs that I have adapted from Allrecipes.com. You can easily double the sauce if you choose to make a large batch of meatballs (the original yield for this recipe is 36). This sauce also works well with kielbasa.
Coca Cola Meatballs
- bag of frozen meatballs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Coca Cola
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Mix all ingredients except the meatballs in crockpot and stir until well blended. Add meatballs and stir to coat. Cook on low 3-4 hours until ready to serve.