Popular restaurant chain Rubio’s will host its annual CoastFest Friday, May 10 in Oceanside.
The event kicks off at 10 a.m., at the Oceanside Pier Amphitheater, 200 N. The Strand.
Participants can help clean up surrounding beaches, and enjoy food, music, various activities and a VIP beer garden.
According to festival or climate changes and ocean acidification, to poor fishing practices and pollution. The actions taken to protect the oceans throughout the next 10 years will determine the state of the oceans for the next 10,000 years.”
Last year’s event had “record turnout,” resulting in 350 pounds of trash removed from the coastline, organizers said for 2014, at least 1,600 are expected to attend.
After the beach cleanup, these events will follow:
• CoastFest activities, including prizes from the Rubio’s prize wheel, surf lessons, a mobile aquarium, face painting, an inflatable jumpy house and a photo booths.
• Complimentary food and drinks
• A Music festival -- held on the main stage throughout the celebration for free live music from a collection of local Southern California bands, as well as FM 94/9. The line-up includes Jet West, a reggae/rock band from San Diego and Bad Neighborz, a 2012 San Diego Music Award nominee for Best Artist. For families, there will be interactive performances from Clint Perry & The Boo Hoo Crew in the Kid’s Zone.
• VIP Beer Garden, which is a new addition to this year’s CoastFest, featuring Karl Strauss beer and Lolailo Sangria. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for kids.
• Kids’ Zone educational elements
• Complimentary surf lessons – onsite surf lessons will be available to attendees from Surfin’ Fire.
For more information, or to www.rubios.com/CoastFest.