The holidays are here and although it is a busy time for retailers entrepreneurs find the weeks surrounding Christmas and New Year’s Day to be tremendously slow for business. The Central Michigan University Right Choice program (CMURC) offers three tips for entrepreneurs to make any holiday season most productive.
1. Work on your big vision during downtime.
CMURC recommends you take advantage of the down time by reflecting on the part year and working on a new strategy for the coming year. They point out that with family get-togethers you will have a great sounding board for your ideas.
2. Friends and family have talents too.
Instead of just socializing you can make your business a family project.
“The holidays are a great time for entrepreneurs to work on customer development. Friends and family will give you honest opinions and feedback on your business venture.” said President and CEO of CMURC Erin O’Brien.
3. Use your time to get organized.
Rather than struggling to connect on phone calls with potential clients that are embroiled in the holiday’s activities why not take the time to organize your PC, files, contact folder and other messy hot spots.
Anthony Lazzaro, a serial entrepreneur and founder of a new startup company, plans on working around the clock over the holiday break at the new CoWorking space at CMURC according to CMURC.
“I look forward to making huge progress over the holidays,” said Lazzaro. “It’s great because CMURC is available to our team 24/7.”
To read their suggestion in depth, click here.
CMURC is a nonprofit business incubator focused on advancing economic development in the community by leveraging the resources of Central Michigan University, the Mount Pleasant SmartZone and its local, regional and statewide partners to accelerate the success of entrepreneurs, growing businesses and jobs.
Helpful article series
- 7 Deadly sins of signage.
- 5 Deadly small business mistakes.
- Top tips for using Linked In- a series of the top three best practices for using Linked In to build business.
- Top marketing mistakes- includes a humorous video of leading marketing mistakes.
- Differentiate the right way- a series of articles about best practices in attracting customers.
Business development by the numbers
- “60 Insights for Mastering Business Development”.
- “8 Pillars of Career and Business Success”.
- “5 Kick-A** Strategies Every Business Needs”: to explode sales, stun the competition, wow customers and achieve exponential growth.
- “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”: Follow them and people will follow you.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons. Paperback, Kindle, Apple or Nook.
- “The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan”: How to take charge, build your team, and get immediate results