On Saturday March 2nd, the WWE held a live event in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. The event was headlined by a handicap match between The Shield vs. John Cena and Ryback. According to a March 3rd report by WrestlingInc.com, The Shield was disqualified after hitting Ryback with a chair. Following the match, Cena and Ryback cleared out the ring.
However, the most entertaining part of the show, came during the semi-main event match between CM Punk and Kofi Kingston. CM Punk came out to the ring and saw that someone was holding a sign saying "CM Skunk The Smelliest Wrestler in the World." It featured a skunk with Punk's face on it. Punk took the sign, tore it up and chewed some of the ripped up pieces. For those that know of Punk's recent history with fans, last year he hit a fan in the crowd that brought legal repercussions. For Punk, he needs to be careful with how much he pushes the envelope with the live fans because of his recent interactions. Punk would go on to defeat Kofi Kingston via the GTS.
Here are the results for Saturday's live event:
- Brodus Clay & Tensai defeated Slater and McIntyre
- Wyatt defeated Alex Riley
- Justin Gabriel defeated JTG via 450 splash. The Shield came out and attacked Gabriel then called out Cena and Ryback for later in the night.
- Antonio Cesaro defeated The Miz. After the match, Miz got his revenge.
- Layla defeated Tamina. Vickie was special ref
- CM Punk defeated Kofi Kingston
- John Cena and Ryback defeated The Shield
Personally, I like the pairing of Clay and Tensai. I would prefer the WWE change up their gimmicks and make them into a powerhouse team that can dominate the tag-team division.