The State Department says Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton returned to work Monday, a little over a week after she was hospitalized with a blood clot in her head.
Clinton, 65, will sit down with assistant secretaries of state for a closed-door meeting on Monday at 9:15 a.m. EST at the start of a week-long schedule containing nearly a dozen meetings, including three at the White House.
Clinton was admitted to New York-Presbyterian Hospital on Dec. 30 after doctors discovered the blood clot while following up on a concussion she suffered earlier in December. She was released Wednesday.
Clinton was treated with blood thinners to dissolve the clot, which did not cause a stroke or any neurological damage.
On Friday, department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland described Clinton's condition after her release as "upbeat" and "raring to go" and said Clinton was planning to return to work at the State Department this week.
Clinton is expected to step down in the next few weeks. President Barack Obama has chosen Senator John Kerry, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, to succeed her.
During her absence, Clinton cancelled appearances at congressional hearings related to the Benghazi attacks, leading her critics to question the reality of her illness.
Fox News had several discussions on the validity of her injury, some were even calling it the "clot plot".
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to receive (spam free) email notification of top news articles.
Got something to say? Say it on Examiner by following this link to sign up.