When preparing for an important industry event or trade show, most marketers understand the critical need for promotion. Many marketers have taken these promotional messages to a new level, by integrating the details in a variety of mediums for improved awareness and participation. From simply adding a brief statement to outgoing email signatures and invoices to creating dedicated event news pages on a business website, today's modern communication platforms provide a wealth of opportunities for increasing awareness and interest in such event promotions.
One, often overlooked, area for promoting upcoming exhibit details and more includes cover photo art for most social media business pages. How often is this artwork updated? Once a month? Once a year? Perhaps even never? Here are some useful ways to continuously use this prime space to visually communicate a variety of upcoming events and promotions.
Unique and creative ways to use social media cover art:
• Update artwork to coincide with major holidays - spreading cheer, freshness of content, and relevant active promotions.
• Feature upcoming trade show exhibits including related dates, locations, and booth numbers.
• Trend promotion - are there any pressing trends within an industry or niche market? Highlight these & their relevance to target audiences.
• Promote a new product, new service, or promotional app online.
• Celebrate anniversaries, awards, and business milestones.
• Entice page visitors to sign-up to a business newsletter.
• Generate urgency with time limited sales & special offers.
• Feature different fans or customer stories each month for increased credibility and loyalty.
• Single out a specific target audience and speak directly to these prospects. Rotate content to address the many buyer personas that relevant business services or products appeal to.
• Host a contest and share the call to action with page followers and visitors.
It's easy to get started customizing business cover photos. Currently, there are a number of free online resources available to customize cover art for Facebook. HubSpot also has a great set of templates that are easily modified in PowerPoint.