The event will be held September 5, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Prices are: Members $4.00 advanced ($6.00 at the door) and Non-members $10.00 advanced ($12.00 at the door).
Over the course of the evening you may travel from one museum to the other. At the Cleveland Museum of Art Yoga: The Art of Transformation is on exhibit while at the Museum of Natural History Traveling the Silk Road: Ancient Pathway to the Modern World is the current exhibition.
Tickets include free admission to both exhibitions for the evening while enjoying cross-cultural drinks, music, activities and more outside each museum and on the pathway in between as you journey from one institution to the next. This event is for 18 and over only.
Outside Cleveland Museum of Natural History
• Get a traditional henna body art temporary tattoo by HennaMe
• Help complete a giant yantra made from beans
• Watch and learn from the Shabaana Belly Dancing Troupe
• Enjoy music by the Cleveland Chinese Music Ensemble
• Cash beer/wine bar, specialty cocktail and cultural fare available for purchase
Outside The Cleveland Museum of Art
• Make your own mandala with artist Meredith Hahn
• Design and paint your own ceramic tile with Hands on Pottery Studio
• Join a Satyananda Yoga session with instructors from the Atma Center. Waiver required.
• Watch students and teachers from Krysia Energy Yoga demonstrate Ashtanga Yoga
• Cash beer/wine bar and food truck fare available for purchase
Tour Traveling the Silk Road at the speed of light with an exhibit guide
Check out a special Silk Road show in the Shafran Planetarium. Seating limited.
See the stars through our Ralph Mueller Observatory telescope. Weather permitting.
Tour Yoga: The Art of Transformation at the speed of light with an exhibit guide
Touch real works of art and learn about the pathways between Europe and Asia.
Buy tickets now