Sunday, October 6, 2013 could be a very important day for you! Bring your portfolio to the Cleveland Institute of Art from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm for the opportunity to meet with representatives from school across the country during the National Portfolio Day.
What is National Portfolio Day?
Originally created in 1978, The National Portfolio Day Association (NPDA) is designed to connect representative from regionally accredited art and design schools with potential students. This one day event is a great opportunity for those who desire to pursue an education in the visual and related arts, have your work reviewed and get your questions answered all in one place. It is not a competition or examination and scholarships will not be awarded at this event, it is just a chance to explore options and hear important feedback.
Who is invited?
High school students, graduate students, parents, teachers and guidance counselors are all encouraged to attend this event. Free to attend, and reservations are not required.
What should your portfolio include?
Your portfolio should show your artwork in the best light possible. Depending on your style and choice of medium, this could mean original pieces, photographs, and sketch book pages, or presented through digital images. If you decide to use a laptop or tablet to present your work, note that electrical outlets will not be available during National Portfolio Day so be prepared.
Which schools will be represented?
- Alfred University
- Art Academy of Cincinnati
- Bowling Green State University, School of Art
- College for Creative Studies
- Columbus College of Art & Design
- The Cooper Union School of Art
- Corcoran College of Art & Design
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Kendall College of Art & Design of Ferris
- Lawrence Tech
- Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts
- Maine College of Art
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Miami University
- Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
- Minneapolis College of Art & Design
- Monsterrat College of Art
- Moore College of Art and Design
- Otis College of Art & Design
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Pratt Institute
- Pratt MWP
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Ringling College of Art & Design
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- San Francisco Art Institute
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- School of Visual Arts
- Tyler School of Art, Temple University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Watkins College of Art, Design & Film