The 'Clear Answer' contact center is an enterprise within the Center for the Visually Impaired (CVI) at 739 West Peachtree Street in Atlanta GA, 30308.
Founded in 2011, 'Clear Answer' provides outsourced contact center services and is "staffed with highly trained and dedicated associates specializing in customer satisfaction." CVI is a 501(c)(3) private, nonprofit organization with a staff that works diligently with the visually impaired; yet to so many in Atlanta these efforts remain unknown.
Recently, this examiner had the opportunity to offer Customer Service and Call Center training to a group of students for 'Clear Answer'. Each student was visually impaired, yet eager to become an integral part of his or her community, to earn a living, and become financially independent.
The students used the JAWS (Job Access With Speech) screen reading software and the MAGIC screen magnification system to access training modules, to complete exercises and to do the quizzes and tests required for the successful completion of the program. Discussions were lively, in-depth, and meaningful; and participants showed a keen interest in the topics covered. The topics included:
• Understanding corporate culture
• Attitudes of successful workers
• Ethics and integrity within the workplace
• Personal image and dressing for success
• Effective communication skills
• Active listening skills and exercises
• Email etiquette
• Writing business email and letters
• An overview of contact center/call center operations
• Handling the irate customer
• Speech exercises to provide effective communication
• Stress management
The show of readiness to learn among the students coupled with the high quality of work produced by each of them during this training, were together a real testament to the profundity of the statement on the walls of the Contact Center: "We may have lost our sight, but not our vision."