November is shaping up to be an important month with up and coming events that are helping showcase Los Angeles as a leader and innovator in the sustainability arena.
This year’s inaugural CleanTech LA Global Showcase, developed by Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) - a unique city-conceived, private non-profit that accelerates the commercialization of clean technologies in the Los Angeles region, together with the City of Los Angeles - presents exceptional opportunities to highlight some of the leading companies and information from the region and is designed to help facilitate international green business collaboration.
The two-day conference, held at LA Live’s JW Marriot hotel, will deliver new information on market dynamics, best practices for conducting international trade, as well as presentations from US and international cleantech companies CleanTech LA also offers ample opportunities for global networking and workshop participation.
CleanTech LA’s speakers will include such notables as:
• Mayor Erick Garcetti - City of Los Angeles
• Ron Nichols - General Manager, Los Angeles Dept. of Water and Power
• Farshid Arman, Ph.D. - Director, Energy Technologies - SIEMENS Technology to
• Dr. Cheryl Martin, Deputy Director - ARPA-E, US Dept. of Energy
• Stephen Cheung - Director of International Trade, Office of the Mayor - City of Los
• Catherine Jhung - VP of Business Development - Cleantech Group
• Mary Nichols - Chairwoman of the California Air Resources Board
• Jim McDermott - Managing Partner - US Renewables Group
• Fred H. Walti II - Executive Director - LACI / CLA
• Michael Picker, Sr. - Advisor to the Governor - Renewable Energy Facilities
• David Nahai, Esq. - Former General Manager - Los Angeles Dept. of Water and Power
• Michael Swords - ED, Strategic Research & Global Partnerships - UCLA, OVCR
• Matt Petersen - Chief Sustainability Officer for the City of Los Angeles
And other members of the Cleantech Los Angeles Leadership Council Members
Companies, Exhibitors & Participants in attendance include:
360 Power Group, 4sphere, Angeles Group. ARPA-E, California Air Resources Board
California Lithium Battery, California State University Northridge, Caltech University.
Chai Energy, Central City Association of LA, City of Los Angeles, Cleantech Group,
Combined Power, County of Los Angeles, Craton Equity Partners, David Nahai Companies, E-Waste Systems Inc., GreenbergTraurig, Gibson Dunn, Grid Logistics
Hive Lighting, INNDIS D&I, JPL, Korean Western Power America (KOAM), Long Beach City College, Los Angeles Business Council, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, LA County Economic Development Corporation, Metropolitan Water District of So. Cal., Power Pact Group, Port of Los Angeles, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Repurpose Compostables, Skyline Innovations, Siemens. Somatis Sensor Solutions, Southern California Gas, Southern California Edison, The Broad Foundation, The Los Angeles Business Council, The LA Area Chamber of Commerce, LAEDC, The Office of the Mayor of Los Angeles, Trammel Crow Company, University of California Los Angeles
University of Southern California, US Renewables Group, US Department of Energy
and Wells Fargo.
In addition to presentations on international markets and companies, Showcase will feature presentations on topics including:
• LA’s strategy to be a global cleantech powerhouse -- Keynote by Mayor Eric Garcetti
• The role of the Federal Government in sustainable energy markets.
• A progress report of California’s innovative Cap & Trade initiative.
• The future of sustainable energy in California.
• A progress report of Los Angeles’ Feed In Tariff initiative.
• LA’s strategy for attracting international business.
• Successful case studies of international cleantech finance.
• The California sustainable energy and water landscape
CleanTech LA is the MUST DO event for anyone involved in cleantech!
You can learn more about CleanTech LA’s Global Showcase at:
Get in before it’s too late!
Registration at: http://cleantechla.org/globalshowcase/register/