The 2013 Maine high school football season got underway when the Bucksport Bucks took the field Monday, August 19th, at 12:01 a.m. for their first practice of the season.
The Bucks are hoping to be the last team standing in the new look class D.
Our high school football panel expects Bucksport to be the Eastern Maine class D representative at state championship Saturday in late November.
John Bapst is picked as the runner up. Orono and Stearns also received votes.
Dexter finished with a 6-2 record last season. They could contend with the top teams.
The Tigers will have an opportunity to make an early season statement. They will host Bucksport and John Bapst in the first two weeks of the regular season. They travel to Millinocket for a contest against Stearns in week 3.
Haggie Pratt brings 18 years of coaching experience to Mount View, as he takes over the Mustangs program.
Washington Academy, Mattanawcook, MCI, Ellsworth/Sumner, and Mount View should battle it out for the sixth and final playoff spot.
Class D Eastern Maine football predictions
- 1. Bucksport
- 2. John Bapst
- 3. Orono
- 4. Stearns
- 5. Dexter
- 6. Washington Academy
Class D Key Games- Full Schedule
- Week 1- Bucksport @ Dexter- September 7th
- Week 2- John Bapst @ Dexter- September 14th
- Week 3- Dexter @ Stearns- September 20th
- Week 4- Stearns @ Bucksport- September 27th
- Week 5- Bucksport @ Orono- October 4th
- Week 6- John Bapst @ Bucksport- October 11th
- Week 7- Stearns @ John Bapst- October 18th
- Week 8- John Bapst @ Orono- October 24th