The Foxcroft Academy Ponies defeated the Winslow Black Raiders 22-20 in a classic state championship battle last November..
The Ponies and Black Raiders will be competing in class C East during the 2013 season.
The two powerhouse teams will play late in the regular season at Winslow.
Our panel expects Foxcroft and Winslow to meet in the regional final.
The Waterville Purple Panthers can not be overlooked.
They reached the class B regional final last season, and return seven returning starters on offense and eight on defense.
The Purple Panthers will play at Foxcroft in early October. They will finish the regular season with their rivalry game at Winslow.
Belfast returns a large portion of their team that finished strong last season.
The Lions could make an early season statement as they take on Winslow in week one and Foxcroft week three.
MDI and Belfast are expected to grab playoff spots. Old Town, Hermon, and Madison could be battling it out for the final spot.
Camden Hills and Nokomis are playing down a class and will be ineligible for the playoffs.
Class C Eastern Maine football predictions
- 1. Foxcroft
- 2. Winslow
- 3. Waterville
- 4. Belfast
- 5. MDI
- 6. Madison
Class C games to watch- Full schedule
- Week 1- Belfast @ Winslow- September 7th
- Week 2- Hermon @ MDI- September 13th
- Week 3- Belfast @ Foxcroft- September 20th
- Week 4- MDI @ Belfast- September 27th
- Week 5- Waterville @ Foxcroft- October 4th
- Week 6- MDI @ Foxcroft- October 11th
- Week 7- Waterville @ MDI- October 18th
- Week 7- Foxcroft @ Winslow- October 19th
- Week 8- Waterville @ Winlsow- October 26th