The powerful Cheverus Stags football program will be playing in Eastern Maine this season.
The new look class A East will also feature former Western Maine schools Deering, Portland, and Windham.
Bangor is the only school in the conference that is located north of Lewiston.
Our high school football panel picks Cheverus as the clear favorite.
The Stags biggest game of the season will come in a cross over game against Thornton Academy.on October 12th.
Portland is picked for second. The Bulldogs can make a statement with a season opening game against Cheverus at Fitzpatrick stadium.
Bangor will try to bounce back from a disappointing 2012 season. The Rams finished 5-4 and missed the playoffs for the first time since 2005.
Deering, Bangor, Edward Little, Lewiston, and Oxford Hills could be battling it out for the final three playoff spots.
Class A Eastern Maine football predictions
- 1. Cheverus
- 2. Portland
- 3. Windham
- 4. Bangor
- 5. Deering
- 6. Oxford Hills
Class A Key Games- Full Schedule
- Week 1- Cheverus @ Portland- September 6th
- Week 2- Portland @ Deering- September 12th
- Week 3- Deering @ Bangor-
- Week 4- Portland @ Bangor-
- Week 5- Bangor @ Windham- October 4th
- Week 6- Windham @ Portland- October 11th
- Week 6- Thornton @ Cheverus- October 12th
- Week 7- Cheverus @ Bangor-
- Week 8- Cheverus @ Deering- October 25th