This just in! City Winery Napa has just announced its lineup of performers for its inaugural Spring/Summer season, and it looks like it’s going to be a doozy. Located in the Napa Valley Opera House at 1030 Main Street, City Winery is poised to be the hottest destination for nightlife, wine, and tasty culinary adventures when it opens its doors this April for its “soft launch.”
Take a look at what City Winery has planned for the next few months:
- Bruce Cockburn : Thursday, April 10 ($35-45) - The tour supporting Cockburn’s 31st album, “Small Source of Comfort.”
- Jay Farrar of Son Volt: Wednesday, April 16 ($26-30) - Founder of Uncle Tupelo, leader of Son Volt, and an accomplished solo artist.
- Paris Combo: Thursday, April 17 ($25-35) - Think fun, sexy and mischievous. An upbeat mix of French pop, cabaret, and fun-loving jazz. Can’t wait.
- Asleep At The Wheel: Wednesday, May 7 ($30-40) - “The Kings of Texas Swing.” Forty years of playing and more than 25 albums.
- Lydia Pense & Cold Blood: Thursday, May 8 ($20-25) - Lydia Pense & Cold Blood debuted when the Fillmore was at its peak as one of the nation’s musical Meccas.
- Karla Bonoff: Friday, May 9 ($20-30) - One of the finest singer-songwriters of her generation.
- Allen Toussaint: Friday, May 16 ($25-30) - Grammy nominated artist awarded the National Medal of Arts by President Obama. One of the most influential figures in New Orleans R&B.
- John Mayall: Friday, May 23 ($40-50) - A master of the Blues with a strong boogie woogie influence.
- Leo Kottke: Saturday, May 24 ($30-40) - A masterful guitarist known for his precise fingerpicking, wild syncopation, and polyphonic prowess. This is going to be incredible.
- Maria Muldaur: Friday, May 30 ($15-25) - “Midnight at the Oasis” What more needs to be mentioned?
- Red Molly: Thursday, June 12 ($15-20) - Think three part harmonies, exhilarating musicianship, and a delightful stage presence. Their new CD "Light in the Sky" spent 20 weeks on the Americana Music Association's Top 40 radio chart and charted as Folk DJ's #3 Top Album of 2012.
- Milk Carton Kids: Monday, June 16 ($15-25) - Flat-picking folksy duo with powerful vocals and mellifluous harmonies.
- 10,000 Maniacs: Saturday, June 21 ($40-50) - Eleven new songs, a brand new album and a tour that includes Napa. Joy!
- Lewis Black: July 10, 11, 12 ($55-75) - Highly irascible, and one of the loudest men in comedy. Black will be back in Napa for a three night stint. Epic.
According to City Winery, this new nightlife destination will strive “to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience” by hosting “intimate concerts, food and wine classes, private events[…]and fine dining.” If the food and wine is as good as the entertainment, the City Winery experience should be legendary. Start planning your entertainment schedule now. Once word gets out about this place, getting tickets may prove challenging.
Tickets go on sale starting January 28, 2014 at noon. Unless otherwise stated, all shows start at 8 p.m. Members of City Winery’s VinoFile Club ($75/year includes a $25 coupon for their online wine store) can get tickets 48 hours before everyone else and they don’t have to pay service charges. To become a Vinophile member or to purchase tickets call 707-260-1600 or visit www.citywinery.com.