The City of Durham's Equal Opportunity/Equity Assurance Department will kick-off a free workshop series tonight in which entrepreneurs learn how to successful manage their small businesses. The series, which will have at least one class per quarter over the next year, will be given by city staff and small business partners including the North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Skanska USA Building and the Small Business and Technology Development Center. Although the Equal Opportunity/Equity Assurance Department is tasked with implementing the City's Small and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (SDBE) Ordinance, all small businesses in Durham are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- July 28, 2011 - How to Do Business with the City of Durham
- September 29, 2011 - Technical and Financial Small Business Assistance Programs
- November 17, 2011 - Growing Your Business
- Every Tuesday, February 14 - April 17, 2012 - Scheduling and Estimating (Skanska USA Building)
- April 26, 2012 - Information Technology for Small Businesses
- June 28, 2012 - Bonding and Insurance for Small Businesses
All workshops run from 6 pm to 8 pm and take place in the City Council Chambers at 101 City Hall Plaza in downtown Durham with the exception of the Skanska USA Building workshops which will be at 4309 Emperor Blvd, Suite 200 in Durham.
Entrepreneurs must register for each workshop they want to attend by completing this online registration form or contacting Vincent Wingate by e-mail at Vincent.Wingate@DurhamNC.gov or by calling (919) 560-4180, extension 17241.