Adding vegetables to a fruit smoothie adds even more nutrients to a healthy snack or breakfast odd-on. Use the leaves for the celery, and the juice from the canned pineapple, for this tasty drink.
1 medium banana, peeled and cut into pieces
1/4 cup pineapple juice
9 or 10 pineapple chunks
1 small carrot, top removed
1 small celery
1 serving plain yogurt
- Place the fruit into the blender cup.
- Rinse the carrot and celery, and chop them into small pieces.
- Add the yogurt and blend until well mixed.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little water.
- Add broccoli or a handful of spinach for an even healthier drink.
- Grow your own vegetables to save money.
- Serve with scrambled eggs and bacon at breakfast, or a sandwich at lunch.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by leaving a comment here.