Cissy's book, "Remembering Whitney" went on sale on Jan. 29, 2013, just a few days before the first anniversary of the death of Whitney who died on Feb. 11, 2012.
Even though the gospel and soul artist and celebrity mom Cissy had never planned to add author to her resume, she felt the need to set the record straight about a lot of things that she included in her book.
Cissy, at 79 years old says:
"Everyone was writing crap about Whitney. I was reading things that weren't true, and that's when I decided that I needed to do something."
Cissy doesn't mince words on the pages in her book whose exact title is:
"Remembering Whitney: My Story of Love, Loss and the Night the Music Stopped"
Cissy talks about some very personal things including being transparent about her own life.
She addresses the following circumstances in the book:
- Cissy's own personal journey; her marriage and divorce
- Whitney's birth and things leading up to her birth and Whitney's upbringing
- Whitney's journey from singing in a choir in her church to becoming a popular singer known world wide.
- Whitney's troubled past with drugs that led to her death
- Rumors about Whitney being a lesbian with longtime gay friend Robyn Crawford who lived with her for a while
- Whitney's rocky marriage to Bobby Brown
- Whitney being sued by her father
If you read the book, you can''t help but notice that Cissy is still grieving and trying to make sense of her daughter's death.
Some of the details are so unbelievable that at times you might think you are reading non-fiction, but then you will realize that what's in the book is all too real.
"Remembering Whitney" is in bookstores and can be order online from Amazon.