Allens brand vegetables have been around since 1926 serving a wide variety of canned veggies to healthy eaters all over the U.S. Chances are good you've got something from Allens in your freezer or cabinet right now in fact. The folks there have sent me a recipe worth passing on for a vegetarian-friendly side they call Cincinnati Caviar. It's easy to make and great for cookouts and family get-togethers, so print it off and keep it handy for all your feasting occasions this summer!
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Allens Frozen Super Sweet Kernel Corn, cooked according to package directions and chilled
- 1/3 cup finely diced green peppers
- 1/3 cup finely diced red peppers
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onions
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Allens black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely diced
In large mixing bowl, combine corn, green peppers, red peppers, red onion, black beans, garlic, and tomatoes. In small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine. Chill 1 to 2 hours before serving so flavors can combine. Serve with pita or tortilla chips.