Chicago residents are invited to start the new year off right and have a impact on the environment by recycling their Christmas trees between Jan. 5-18, 2013. Once again the Chicago park district has set-up a partnership with the city’s streets and sanitation department to allow tree drop off at 23 parks throughout the city.
Participating locations include:
- Clark Park, 3400 N. Rockwell St.
- Kelvyn Park, 4438 W. Wrightwood Ave.
- Lincoln Park, Cannon Drive at Fullerton Ave.
- Margate Park, 4921 N. Marine Dr.
- North Park Village, 5801 N. Pulaski Rd.
- Norwood Park, 5801 N. Natoma Ave.
- Portage Park, 4100 N. Long Ave.
- Riis Park. 6201 W. Wrightwood Ave.
- Warren Park, 6601 N. Western Ave.
- Garfield Park, 100 N. Central Park Ave.
- Grant Park, 900 S. Columbus Drive
- Humboldt Park Boathouse, 1369 N. Sacramento Ave.
- Sheridan Park, 910 S. Aberdeen St.
- Bessemer Park, 8930 S. Muskegon Ave.
- Forestry Site, 900 E. 103rd St.
- Jackson Park, 6300 S. Cornell Ave.
- Kennedy Park, 2427 W. 113th St.
- Lake Meadows Park, 3117 S. Rhodes
- Marquette Park, 6700 S. Kedzie Ave., near the golf course
- Mt. Greenwood Park, 3721 W. 111th St.
- McKinley Park, 2210 W. Pershing Road
- Rowan Park, 11546 S. Ave. L
All ornaments, lights, and garland should all be removed before dropping off trees. No other recyclables are allowed. The trees will be ground down into a fragrant mulch and will be made available to residents at no cost at the same Christmas tree drop-off locations beginning Friday, January 11.