San Diegans still holding onto a green Christmas tree, or one with fake snow, can have the tree picked up on their regular greenery recycling day. Place the tree in the green bin.
Trees taller than 4 feet tall must be cut in half. The city also takes the trees left in the large automated recycling bins.
Locals can drop off a tree at the Miramar Greenery at the Miramar Landfill near highway 52, or, at one of 16 drop off locations. The 16 drop off locations take the trees until January 23, 2014.
- Carmel Valley - Carmel Valley Recreation Center, 3777 Townsgate Drive, lower parking lot
- Encanto - Cielo Drive at Woodman Street
- Golden Hill - Golden Hill Recreation Center, 2600 Golf Course Drive
- La Jolla - Kate Sessions Memorial Park, Soledad Road and Loring Street
- Logan Heights - Memorial Recreation Center, 2902 Marcy Avenue
- Miramar - The Greenery at the Miramar Landfill, Convoy Street north of Highway 52
- Mission Bay - Sea World Drive at Pacific Highway
- Oak Park - Chollas Lake, 6350 College Grove Drive, in Gloria's Mesa parking lot
- Ocean Beach - Robb Athletic Field Recreation Center, 2525 Bacon Street
- Otay Mesa/Nestor - Montgomery Waller Community Park (lower-west parking lot)
- Rancho Bernardo - Rancho Bernardo Recreation Center, 18448 W. Bernardo Drive
- Rancho Penasquitos - Canyonside Recreation Center, 12350 Black Mountain Road
- San Diego State University - Parking Lot D off Alvarado Road
- Scripps Ranch - Scripps Ranch Recreation Center, 11454 Blue Cypress Drive
- Tierrasanta - De Portola Middle School, 11010 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
- University City - Swanson Pool, 3585 Governor Drive
Do not drop off artifical trees. Take all tree stands, lights, tinsel, and decorations off the tree.
This is a Center Line Policy Alert.