Ooey, gooey marshmallows topped with glittery colored sugar and shaped into reindeer, snowmen and Christmas trees add just a bit more fun to Christmas treats and desserts. PEEPS® brand candies have been making the world a sweeter place since 1953. From Easter and Valentine’s Day to Christmas and other special occasions, the fine folks at Just Born put out some of the most fun traditions around.
The world's premiere family fun and indoor water park destination, Great Wolf Lodge, has come up with some creative ways to implement these marshmallow munchkins into anybody's holiday dessert line-up.
Following are some sweet PEEPS Christmas dessert recipes to try out.
PEEPS® Holiday Pops
- PEEPS® Peppermint Stars, and PEEPS® Trees
- Equal number of paper straws or sticks
- 12 oz. bag of chocolate candy melts
- Crushed candy canes
- Remove PEEPS® Trees and PEEPS® Peppermint Stars from their packaging.
- Slowly slide PEEPS® on to each of your sticks or straws, stopping just before the straw pushes through the other end of the PEEP.
- Lay out baking sheet and line with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate coating according to the package directions and apply to
- PEEPS® shapes.
- Coat shapes with sprinkles or crushed candy canes and let cool.
PEEPS® Holiday Cupcakes & Candy Cane Frosting
- One batch of cupcakes
- Chocolate or Vanilla Frosting
- Crushed Candy Canes - approx. ¼ cup
- PEEPS® Snowmen and PEEPS® Chocolate Mousse Reindeer
- Optional toppings including sprinkles or holiday candies
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare frosting or open can of premade frosting, pour into a mixing bowl.
- Combine frosting with ¼ cup of crushed candy canes. Mix well.
- Frost cupcakes with candy cane frosting.
- Top cupcakes with PEEPS® Snowmen and PEEPS® Chocolate Mousse Reindeer
- If desired, garnish with crushed candy canes, sprinkles and/or holiday candies.
Tip: By using different PEEPS®, cupcake wrappers and sprinkles/candies, you can create a variety of different looks from just one batch of cupcakes.
Please Note: These desserts are not served at Great Wolf Lodge Resorts.
Christmas in Snowland at Great Wolf Lodge
As fun as Great Wolf Lodge is during the rest of the year, it is transformed into a magical Snowland during the Christmas season. Indoor snowfall, story time, visits from Santa, and giant gingerbread house dining make Snowland a magical time at the world’s favorite indoor water park/resort destination.
In addition to all of the fun and festivities of the Christmas season, guests can check out the interactive games of Magi Quest or Shadow Quest, relax in the spa or slip and slide the day away in the water park.
Great Wolf Lodge is located in several locations across the United States, including Williamsburg, Virginia; Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania: and Charlotte/Concord, North Carolina; and Grand Mound, Washington. Great Wolf Lodge New England is coming in spring of 2014. Please visit GreatWolf.com to find the Lodge near you.
For more information on the world of PEEPs, please give them a visit on the web at www.MarshmallowPeeps.com.
For anybody that happens to be in the greater Washington, D.C. area, there is a PEEPS store at National Harbor, on the Potomac River and just down the way from the Gaylord National Resort.
To stay up-to-date on all of the latest and greatest theme park news, events, and attractions, please click subscribe at the top of the page, follow on Twitter or connect on Facebook. Visit Somewhere in the Sand for more witty commentary on theme parks, beaches and travel topics.