Find a list of Christmas prayers, blessings and quotes below. Use them to bless your holiday meal, as a Facebook status, or to share with friends and family who live far away in an e-card or text message.
- Jesus, the Light of the World, as we celebrate your birth . . . . may we begin to see the world in the light of the understanding you give us. As you chose the lowly, the outcasts, and the poor to receive the greatest news the world had ever known, so may we worship you in meekness of heart. May we also remember our brothers and sisters less fortunate than ourselves in this season of giving. Amen.
- God grant you the light of Christmas, which is faith; the warmth of Christmas, which is purity; the righteousness of Christmas, which is justice; the belief in Christmas, which is truth; the all of Christmas, which is Christ? - Wilda English
- God of all gifts, we thank you for the many ways you have blessed us this day. We are grateful each of those who are gathered around this table. We ask you to bless us and our food and to bless those we love who are not with us today. In our gratitude and love, we remember your humble birth into our lives and pray for those who are are without enough to eat. We remember the stable in which you were born and pray for those who have no place to live. We remember your challenging message of caring and giving and we pray for peace in families and nations throughout the world. We bless you and give you thanks in your Spirit who brings our hearts to life the Christmas Day and forever. Amen.
Christmas Quotes and Sayings
- He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. - Roy L. Smith
- For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home. - WJ Ronald Tucker
- Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. - Oprah Winfrey
- May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace, The gladness of Christmas give you hope, The warmth of Christmas grant you love. - Author Unknown
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. - Burton Hillis
- Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve. Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age. - Carrie Latet
- There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child. - Erma Bombeck
- Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white' - Bing Crosby
- Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.- Mary Ellen Chase
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.- Norman Peale
Sources: Belief.net, Catholic.org, BrainyQuote.com, creighton.edu