Intro: Your Christmas breakfast ideas should be delicious and easy to execute (ideally). An easy recipe for cinnamon rolls allows you to enjoy the health benefits of cinnamon while eating a sweet and tasty treat on Christmas morning.
Other Christmas Breakfast Ideas
- What Cinderella should have done with her pumpkins: 5 pumpkin bread recipes
- How to cook chilaquiles with eggs, chorizo and avocadoHistory of coffee plus Christmas coffee recipes and ideaa
- Peanut butter muffins with jelly for breakfast and snacks
What are the Benefits of Cinnamon?
Quick! Close your eyes and imagine back to a time when you came home after a day spent in the icy cold, and you smelled cinnamon rolls. You were warmed over immediately, weren't you? Have you ever even wondered why so many of the recipes we love during the holidays like pumpkin pie and cinnamon rolls have cinnamon in them? (Besides the fact that it makes them taste good?)
According to Mind Body Green, cinnamon is a warming herb, and it's the reason why so many of our favorite foods that we associate with the fall and winter have cinnamon in them.
And the health benefits of cinnamon are many. Cinnamon helps the body regulate blood sugar levels. It's also great for people who have problems with never being able to stay warm during the winter. Cinnamon encourages the circulation in the body to work better and reduces moisture as well, which takes away the bone chilling cold we sometimes feel when we've skied a bit too long or just come in from pushing snow off the sidewalk.
Easy Christmas Breakfast Ideas: How to Make This Easy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
As you read through this easy cinnamon roll recipe, you'll probably think you'll want to bookmark it in a file labeled great Christmas breakfast ideas, because the recipe is just so darn easy. It definitely takes some of the stress off the holiday morning.
To make it, you're going to start with canned biscuits. You can use any kind that you find in the dairy section (usually) in your local grocery store. You'll then add some delish ingredients like pecans, butter and brown sugar. And of course, your favorite warming herb, so that you can enjoy the benefits of cinnamon on your holiday morning.
- Can of biscuits
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 c. raisins
- Pecans, chopped finely
Glaze for Rolls:
- 1/2 c. sugar, confectioners
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Vanilla extract -- just a couple drops to taste
Instructions for the Easy Cinnamon Rolls Recipe:
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar together in a flat bowl.
- Break open the biscuits and take one roll out of the container.
- Dip the dough in the butter and then into the cinnamon mixture.
- Sprinkle some of the raisins onto the roll and then roll it up into a classic cinnamon roll shape.
- Repeat this process until all the rolls are rolled up.
- Sprinkle the pecans onto the tops of the rolls.
- Make the glaze while the rolls bake for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle or brush the glaze onto the rolls after you take them out of the oven.
Now you can see how easy it is to make cinnamon rolls for your Christmas breakfast. If you think this recipe will help make someone else's holiday breakfast easier, please share the URL link at the top of the page via email or social media.