Give the little ones a nice little treat this Christmas that isn’t solid candy. A few chocolate candies won’t spoil their appetites and will add color to the seasons festivities. They can even help in the kitchen and prepare these with you. It is an easy recipe and they will love rolling the balls even though their fingers will get sticky.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups of crispy rice cereal
- M & M candies
- In a saucepan melt the butter over a low heat.
- Once the butter is melted add in the marshmallows and stir into the butter until the marshmallows melt completely.
- Remove the pan from the stove.
- Mix in the crispy rice cereal until all is coated nicely.
- Add in the M & M candies.
- Roll the crispy rice treats into balls.
- Allow them all to cool completely and place in a bowl or air-tight container until ready to serve.
- Instead of melting mini marshmallows use marshmallow cream or fluff from a small (7 ounce) jar, it will work beautifully in the recipe.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: