"I'll have a rum punch!" said the angel Clarence to the bartender when he had his stint in the human world in the film "It's a Wonderful Life."
That was really the first time I became aware of Christmas rum drinks. Like vodka, rum counts as a basic ingredient that you should keep in a well-stocked bar so that you can whip up Martha Stewart's version of the rum punch or put together a glass of Bobby Flay's rum lemonade.
In fact, there are so many recipes with this key beverage that you'll probably never find yourself wondering what drinks to make with rum. You'll definitely discover plenty that will serve you through the Dec. holidays and beyond.
For More of the Best Holiday Drink Recipes, Read the Articles Below
- Tickled pink! Christmas and New Year's Champagne cocktails and punches
- Apple martini cocktail and other vodka mixed drink recipes for Xmas, New Year's
- Five classic Christmas cocktail drinks: Eggnog, hot toddy, chocolate peppermint
About the Christmas Cocktail Drinks With Rum
Click on the hyperlinks in the paragraphs below to access the cocktail drinks with rum.
- Martha Stewart has been my go-to maven this holiday season for drink recipes, and her recipe for Rum Punch further proves this point. Aside from rum, the drink has OJ -- fresh squeezed if you're the Divine Ms. S -- pineapple and cranberry juice. Don't know if it's the same kind that our buddy, Clarence would drink, but I'm guessing that he might.
- The Food Network's Bobby Flay offers us a Rum Lemonade that tastes great year-round. This easy rum drink recipe is just a bit of rum, some lemonade and mint leaves. Simple, but delish!
- The Hot Buttered Rum comes from Emeril. With its softened butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg plus rum, this drink will keep you warm even through the coldest of holiday evenings. Serve this Christmas rum drink after you get in from a day of snow shoeing or as an after dinner drink before you open presents on Christmas Eve.
- Emeril also brings us the Hot Apple Cider With Rum. Like the Hot Buttered Rum, this has plenty of spices like nutmeg and brown sugar, cinnamon stick garnish and plenty o' Christmas rum.
- Finally, we'll cool things off a bit with this Puerto Rican Coconut Milk-Rum Christmas Drink. Fresh coconut milk, cinnamon, Puerto Rican white rum and condensed milk give this sweet and frothy drink its delicious taste.
Enjoy your holidays, but do so responsibly. Below, you'll find the websites for local cab companies in Boise.
Be well this holiday season!