Nothing helps us celebrate the December holidays quite like Champagne. Holiday Champagne drink recipes might include Martha Stewart's champagne punch, Giada De Laurentiis's Champagne Sangria and even your own special Mimosa or Bellini champagne drink recipes.
I've collected some of the yummiest Christmas Champagne drinks as well as some that will make perfect New Year's Champagne cocktails. These drinks for Christmas and New Year's count among my holiday favorites.
More Drinks for Christmas and New Year's
- Five classic Christmas cocktail drinks: Eggnog, hot toddy, chocolate peppermint
- Apple martini cocktail and other vodka mixed drink recipes for Xmas, New Year's
Champagne Fun Facts
Although many people call certain bubbly drinks Champagne, these drinks are really considered sparkling wines by Champagne aficionados. True bubbly comes only from the grapes grown in the Champagne region of France.
Recipes for Holiday Champagne Drinks
Click on the hyperlinks in the paragraphs below to go to each drink recipe.
- Martha Stewart's Champagne Punch is a fruity concoction that combines peaches, blueberries and raspberries and Champagne or sparkling wine. It's delicious anytime, but makes a sweet alternative to the Mimosa, which is Champagne and orange juice.
- Giada De Laurentiis's Champagne Sangria is another Champagne cocktail that's heavy on the fruit taste. It's like a cross between the Mimosa and Ms. Stewart's punch. It combines sparkling wine, orange juice and strawberries plus mint flavors. Mmmm. I'll bet this counts as one of your favorite drinks for New Year's!
- Ms. De Laurentiis also provides us with a beautiful Bellini Champagne recipe. It's just peachy!
- No Champagne drink recipes list would be complete without the simple Champagne Cocktail. It's mostly sparkling wine and bitters with a dash of lemon.
- The Cranberry Kir Royale is a sweet sparkling wine drink that also counts among the easy Champagne cocktail drink recipes. Just combine sugar, cranberry sauce, vodka and Champagne.
- Add the Champagne Pomegranate Cocktail to your Christmas Champagne drinks menu if your table needs a little more holiday red. Pomegranate juice gives it its color, sparkling wine gives it some bubbles and ginger ale adds even more bubbles to make this maybe the bubbliest drink on this list.
One of the prettiest Christmas drinks with Champagne is the Poinsettia. It brings together:
- 1 shot of triple sec
- 4 shots of Champagne
- Splash of cranberry
If this seems to cumbersome, just remember that this easy Champagne drink recipe is a one-to-four ratio of triple sec to bubbly.
Final Holiday Thoughts....
Remember to celebrate your holidays responsibly. Below, you'll find the numbers to the Boise City cabs.
Hope your holidays are safe and happy!