December 7, 2013
50 caramels, unwrapped
1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 15.25 ounce package German chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- Melt caramels and 1/2 cup evaporated milk in top of double boiler.
- Stir together cake mix, melted butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Spread 1/3 of this mixture in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Pour caramel mixture over chips.
- Spread remaining cake mix on top.
- Bake 20 - 24 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.