Christie Brinkley is a model and actress. Brinkley gained worldwide fame beginning in the late 1970s with three consecutive Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue covers through 1981. She spent twenty five years as the face of CoverGirl (the longest running cosmetics contract of any model in history), has appeared on over 500 magazine covers, and has signed contracts with major brands—both fashion and non-fashion.
Christie Brinkley didn’t look like a typical 20-year old so it is not all that surprising that she does not look like a typical 59-year old. However, she does have some tips on how she stays in shape, glows and just looks fabulous. She shared this information with Shape magazine.
Ms. Brinkley is a vegetarian and focuses on putting colorful foods on her plate. Dark leafy greens have more nutrients than light ones and orange foods have different nutrients than green ones. For example, the next time you are in the store and you reach for the $1.99 per pound green pepper, you might want to splurge on the orange or red variety.
Christie is an avid yogi and is a spokesperson for the Total Gym, which of course she plugs in the article.
So what does she eat in a typical day? source
• Breakfast: Oatmeal is a frequent choice, and she sometimes adds flaxseed and wheat germ as well as fruit.
• Lunch: "Lunch is a big huge salad with every color in it. From leafy greens to purple to herbs, fresh cut herbs mixed into it for flavors. I vary what I toss into it. Sometimes it might be lentils and chopped tomatoes, other days it could be garbanzo beans, some days I might have just a salad and have some lentil soup on the side. Generally it's the big salad. Maybe it's avocados chopped on top. Maybe it's a handful of nuts and seeds and whatever," she explains.
• Snack: Apples are perfect for the mid-morning, says the supermodel, and she sometimes adds peanut butter on top.
• Dinner: Pasta and vegetables play a key role in her evening meal.
• Cheats: "Believe me, I love a good chocolate chip ice cream. I'm not going to go for some lousy version of it. If I'm going to have it I'm going to have a really good one. I believe in treating yourself occasionally to something. But then keep other things in your fridge like those great Gnosis chocolates. They're like the healthiest chocolate that I know of that literally it is like taking a bite of antioxidants. It's got like Acai berries mixed in with this very pure cocoa and you're really getting antioxidants and healthful benefits in each bite. They say it is anti-aging to eat that chocolate."