This chocolate brownie recipe is the recipe for all chocolate lovers; it is rich, it is decadent, and it is delectable. If you’re going to eat a brownie, this is the one to try! And it is so easy to make – hard to believe that anything this good could be so easy!
Here are a few hints and tips for making the best brownies:
- Be careful when melting the chocolate so it doesn’t burn. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate until it is smooth. If necessary, microwave for 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is totally melted.
- As with all recipes, use real butter, real vanilla, good chocolate, etc.
- Do not overmix! Use a whisk – not an electric mixer. Whisk your ingredients together until well-incorporated only.
- Line the baking dish with parchment that overhangs the sides of the dish. Once the brownies are cool, it allows you to easily lift the brownies from the pan – allowing for easier cutting and serving.
- If you test doneness using a toothpick, the brownies are done when there are moist crumbs clinging to the toothpick – not wet batter, but not completely clean either. Careful not to open the oven until the timer goes off so the brownies will bake evenly. Set the timer for 5 minutes less than the recipe indicates – if they look done, remove them. (Metal pans bake faster than glass ones, so if using metal, you may want to set the timer for 10 minutes less.) Most importantly – don’t overbake or your brownies will be dry; even a couple minutes too long makes a difference. (And brownies continue to bake a bit even after being removed from the oven – especially in a glass pan.)
- Cool the brownies completely before cutting. This allows the flavors to really develop and gives you the best taste.
Fudgy Brownie Recipe
Ingredients for making Fudgy Brownies:
- ¾ cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped into smaller pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions for making Fudgy Brownies:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment so that it overhangs two sides of the dish (if you don’t have parchment, you can use foil, but you will need to grease the bottom just a bit or use non-stick foil – still making sure that it overhangs two sides of the baking dish).
In a large bowl, microwave the butter until it has completely melted. Add the chocolate pieces and stir until the chocolate has melted. If you need to heat it more, heat for 20-second intervals, stirring between each.
Once the chocolate has melted, whisk in the sugar. Then whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Then whisk in the flour. Stir only enough so it is mixed together. Add nuts, if using. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. No not overbake. Cool completely, then using the parchment or foil that overhangs the sides of the pan, lift the brownies from the pan for easier cutting.
Other delicious chocolate brownie recipes:
Easy chocolate brownie recipe – these are made with cocoa powder and are delicious
Chocolate mint brownies – absolutely delicious
Chocolate caramel brownies – this may be the best taste known to man!
Click on “SUBSCRIBE” above!