Chocolate cake is a family favorite as far as cakes are concerned. And then again who doesn’t like chocolate pudding. Now fudge is a whole other taste completely which many think of as a candy in lieu of a cake type treat. Imagine combining the textures and tastes of all three into one cake that will amaze your senses and taste buds like nothing you have ever tried before.
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cups of boiling water
- Whipped cream
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, 2 tablespoons of cocoa, oil, milk and nuts together.
- Then spread the mixture to cover the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking pan.
- In another mixing bowl combine the brown sugar and cocoa together and then spread that evenly over the batter in the pan.
- Now pour the boiled water over the cake batter but do not stir it in.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool down.
- Cake can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream when serving.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: