Chocolate and romance just seems to go together, and what better way to show your Valentine you care by making chocolate covered strawberries. Here are the super simple instructions.
1 lb large ripe strawberries
1/2 lb (8 oz) chopped chocolate or chocolate chips - milk chocolate, semi sweet chocolate or dark chocolate
- Rinse the berries well and pat dry, making sure they're completely dry with no drops of water present.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or nonstick foil.
- Melt your chocolate. The chocolate melts best with indirect heat-- such as a double boiler pan. If you don't have a double boiler, simmer 2 inches of water in a saucepan, then place a heat-safe bowl in the water and melt the chocolate in the bowl.
- Dip the strawberries one by one into the melted chocolate, coating them 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up.
- Lift and twist the strawberry as you pull it out of the chocolate, letting the excess drip back into the bowl.
- Place the dipped strawberries onto the parchment.
- Do not move or touch them once you've set them down, or you will disturb the chocolate shell.
- Once your strawberries are decorated, place them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes till the chocolate sets.
- You can serve the chocolate strawberries chilled or at room temperature. Chilled strawberries will have a crunch to the chocolate, while room temperature will make the chocolate a bit softer to bite through.