I love breakfast, and I love find new breakfast recipes that are fast and easy. There is nothing better than a warm, homemade treat on a weekend morning to start the day off right. Ever since I joined Pinterest, I've found a lot of really great recipes. When I saw this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Breakfast Cookies, I thought they would be the perfect addition to our weekend menu when we went up north.
The breakfast cookies are really like a cream cheese danish with chocolate chips, you can't go wrong there! These are pretty rich, so you will probably only want one. And you need to like cream cheese to like these cookies. The recipe was easy to make, and they are put together the night before so you just need to pop them in the oven in the morning!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Breakfast Cookies (recipe from Cookies and Cups)
1 can seamless crescent rolls
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. With your hand mixer, beat sugar, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth in a medium sized bowl.
2. Unroll the crescent roll sheet. Stretch dough out slightly. It should be in the shape of a rectangle.
3. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crescent sheet, leaving a gap at the edge about 1/2 inch.
4. Sprinkle your chocolate chips on top of cream cheese.
5. Roll the crescent sheet up tightly and wrap in cling wrap.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
7. When chilled preheat oven to 350°.
8. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
9. Slice the crescent roll into 1/4" slices. Bake on prepared cookie sheet for 12 -14 minutes until crescent roll appears golden brown.
10. Transfer to wire rack.
11. Eat warm or room temperature.