These little chocolate cookies may be one of the easiest cookies to make and they are just plain delicious. The crunchiness of the chow mein noodles combined with the delicious mixture of chocolate and butterscotch make them a superb combination. There are some cookies that you just can’t get enough of – this is one of them.
Chow mein noodles are available at most any grocery store in the international food aisle. They are practically a main-stay ingredient now, as they are used in so many types of recipes.
Make sure when you buy chocolate chips you get “real” chocolate. There are chocolate-flavored chips which do not have the same taste and will leave you disappointed.
There are many things you can add to this recipe to change it up a bit. Although the recipe as written below is fantastic, here are some other things you can add:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) – this will add a bit more of the sauce, so you can compensate by adding a few more chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup peanuts – this will give the peanut taste without adding the peanut butter
- substitute peanut butter chips for the butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup marshmallow crème
- ½ cup marshmallows, chopped
Chow Mein Cookie Recipe (Haystacks)
Ingredients for making Chow Mein Cookies:
- 12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips
- 12-ounce bag butterscotch chips
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
Directions for making Chow Mein Cookies:
Put the chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir the chips. If they are not yet melted, return to the microwave for 20-second intervals, stirring between each, until the chips are completely melted. Immediately stir in the chow mein noodles. Drop by spoonful onto wax paper. When the chocolate has set, the cookies are done (about an hour). Enjoy!
Other no-bake recipes:
No bake cookies – delicious mixture of oatmeal and chocolate
Pretzel cookie recipe -- easy and delicious
Pretzel cookie recipe – variation made with Rolo candies
CLICK ON “SUBSCRIBE” ABOVE!