There is nothing better than a new chill in the air or the warm smell of cinnamon cooking in the oven. Especially if cookies are involved!
What is it about the start of fall that makes us all excited? Is it because it's football season? Soup season? Or two of our favorite holidays are right around the corner? Maybe it's that it is completely acceptable to add pumpkin to every recipe that we are cooking!
When most people think of cookies, they think of an unhealthy treat that they shouldn't enjoy, at least not very often. Not these cookies, however. Packed full of vitamin A for good vision, vitamin C for immunity, fiber for a healthy GI system and healthy heart, and many other antioxidants to help fight off cellular oxidation, these cookies provide no reason to enjoy one or two as a delicious dessert!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp course salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw (or omit and up the amount of granulated sugar to 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup craisinis
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, flax meal, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Stir until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, vanilla and sugars.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture into the flour mixture and then add the pumpkin. Stir until evenly combined and moisture is spread throughout.
- Add in the dark chocolate chips, pecans and craisins and stir until evenly mixed.
- Using a spoon, drop cookie batter on a well sprayed cookie sheet, making ~15 cookies.
- Cook for ~12 minutes or to desired consistency, serve and enjoy!
Enjoy these cookies with a glass of Almond milk after dinner or with a cup of coffee in the morning. Either way, you will be glad you did.