Celebrate National Cheesecake Day by making this ultra-rich and creamy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake! Baked in an Oreo Cookie crust, this luscious cheesecake is studded and sprinkled with mini semi sweet chocolate chips and drizzled with silky smooth chocolate ganache.
How to Make a Perfect Cheesecake
Does the thought of baking a cheesecake scare you into throwing down your apron and running out of the kitchen? Have you had cheesecakes come out of the oven cracked, sunken, dry or under-baked? Read How To Make Perfect Cheesecake before you get your ingredients out. This article explains cheesecake tips and tricks such as; how to use a spring form pan, how to add melted chocolate to cheesecake batter, how to prevent unsightly cracks, how to fix the earthquake-sized cracks if they do occur, as well as freezing and serving suggestions.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
- 13 Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 2 pounds (four 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, cool temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Optional Chocolate Ganache Icing
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place a pan of hot water in the bottom of the oven and close the door.
- Remove the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan, then line the bottom plate with aluminum foil. Reassemble the pan. Pull the excess foil up and around the pan to prevent any batter from leaking into the oven. Spray sides and bottom with vegetable spray. In a small bowl, mix crushed Oreo Cookies and melted butter together. Pat on just the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down sides half way through. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat again, scraping a few times. The mixture should be smooth. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition until fluffy and creamy. Add flour and vanilla and blend. Gently fold in one cup of mini chocolate chip chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan on top of the Oreo Cookie crust. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips over the top of the cheesecake, and bake at 300 degrees for 65 to 75 minutes. The center of the cheesecake will still be a little jiggly when it comes out of the oven, and will set up as it cools and chills in the fridge. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing the sides of the pan. VERY IMPORTANT! Read How To Make Perfect Cheesecake for further baking, cooling, serving and freezing instructions.
- When fully chilled, remove from pan and drizzle with the optional dark Chocolate Ganache icing.
- Serves 12 to 14. Wrap and refrigerate any leftovers.
Photo and recipe copyright property of Donna Diegel