Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with chocolate-dipped, sprinkle-covered pretzel rods. They are delicious treats that take only a few minutes to make and bring a bit of the Irish green to the table.
Here’s how they’re made:
1. Empty the chocolate chips into a microwavable measuring cup or other mug.
2. Add the oil to the chips.
3. Microwave on low for 20 seconds. Remove the cup from the microwave and stir. The chocolate chips should be starting to melt.
4. Return the cup to the microwave and microwave for another 10 seconds. Remove and stir the chocolate again. Alternate microwaving for 10 seconds and stirring until all the chocolate chips have melted and the chocolate-oil mixture until the mixture is soft enough to dip a pretzel rod.
5. Shake a thick layer of sprinkles onto a dinner plate.
6. Dip a pretzel rod into the chocolate, rotating so that about a third of the rod gets covered in chocolate. Immediately roll the rod in the sprinkles, turning so that all chocolate surfaces are covered with sprinkles.
7. Place each dipped and covered pretzel rod on a piece of wax paper. Allow chocolate to harden completely – about 20 minutes.
This recipe makes 10-12 chocolate -dipped pretzels. The recipe can be doubled if needed
More St. Patrick's Day recipes are on the way. To receive an email when another article by Marylou Morano has been published, click on "subscribe," under the above picture. Subscribing is free.