You are on your way home from work and you really don't feel like picking up food. You just want to relax at home in your latest cartoon themed pajama pants. What's so wrong with that? The only thing standing in your way between the commute home and your comfortable cotton vacation is your extreme hunger and immense craving for Chipotle's lime rice. Fear no more, because now you are able to bring tangy squishy goodness feeling to your own kitchen with this recipe.
This is the recipe for Chipotle's Lime Rice Recipe:
-1 tbsp oil (canola/vegetable)
-1 fresh key lime (or ½ regular lime)
-½ tsp salt (kosher or sea salt)
-1 cup long grain white rice (you can also use basmati rice)
-2 cups water
-2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped fine
1. Sautee the rice in oil until it's almost translucent.
2. Add in the water and bring it to a boil.
3. As soon as the water begins to boil, turn the heat down to low.
4. Let it simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes, or until you see that all water is absorbed.
5. Turn off heat. Leave it covered and seriously do not look for 30 minutes (this is what Chipotle does to make the rice steamy and fluffy. So this part is very important to get the authentic Chipotle experience at home
6. Remove lid and let some steam out. You can now transfer the rice in to a mixing bowl to make it easier
7. Mix in the juice of the key lime and salt together until salt is dissolved.
8. Pour it over rice and fluff it with a fork.
9. Sprinkle in the cilantro, and toss it well to have an even coat of the cilantro and lime mixture.
THERE YOU HAVE IT! Your rice is complete and now you may snuggle on your sofa with a delicious bowl of Chipotle's lime rice.
Chipotle's Lime Rice Recipe