On Thursday, October 31, Chipotle Mexican Grill locations in Charlotte will treat customers dressed in costume to a burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos for only $3 from 4 p.m. to closing. Proceeds from the Boorito Halloween sale, an annual event, benefit the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation. The company hopes to raise $1 million for the foundation, which supports family farms, programs that teach kids about healthy eating, and ranchers and farmers working to develop more sustainable practices.
Mark Crumpacker, chief marketing officer at Chipotle, says “We are changing the way people think about and eat fast food, and this annual tradition gives our customers the opportunity to join us in our mission to create a better, more equitable food future. During Boorito, customers can dress in costume and enjoy their favorite menu item from Chipotle for just $3 while supporting a great cause.”
More Halloween Good Deeds
Join the Halloween for Hunger drive and trick-or-treat for canned goods in your neighborhood to help combat hunger in our community. The drive benefits Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry. You can drop off canned goods and other unused boxed items at the Comet Grill and Bulldog Beer and Wine in Dilworth after Halloween.
Oct. 31 brings out the ghouls at several pub crawls around town. Some to check out:
- The CLT Zombie Crawl. Zombies wander the streets of Plaza-Midwood and Elizabeth seeking to infect "humans" with their virus. You can choose whether to start out as a zombie or human. Face painting available along with drink specials and a shuttle bus between the neighborhoods. Tickets are $20 at Volume Lounge, if you don't buy in advance.
- Halloween Howler Bar Crawl: Crawl the EpiCentre. Participating clubs: Suite, Bubble, Whisky River, Blackfinn, Vida, Mortimers, Howl at the Moon, Wild Wing Cafe, Strike City, Enso. $10.
- Ghost Walk at Rosedale Plantation: Explore the most haunted spot in Charlotte (according to the Charlotte Paranormal Society). $15 in advance.
Halloween Specials For Kids
- Souper Salad: Kids 10 and under eat for 99 cents or for free if they are wearing a costume with purchase of an adult buffet.
- Outback Steakhouse: Kids 10 and under eat free on Oct. 31. One free kids meal from the "Joey" menu with the purchase of each adult entree. No coupon necessary. Just say "free kids meal" to your server.
- On The Border Mexican Cantina: Kids 12 and under eat free from the Border Buddies kids meals menu with the purchase of an adult entree.
- Food Lion: Dress as a lion and get a free cupcake. Kids 12 and under.
- Panda Express: Kids 11 and under in costumes receive one free kids meal 5-8 pm on Halloween. Dine in only.
- IHOP: Free Scary Face pancake with Oreo eyes for kids under 12 in costume, from 7 am to 10 pm.
- Moe's Southwest Grill: Free kids meal for kids 12 and under in costume with purchase of an adult entree.
Meal Deals for Everyone
- Krispy Kreme: Free donut when you wear your costume in on Oct. 31.
- La Tagliatella: $1 pizza all week with proceeds benefiting charity.
- Carrabba's Italian Grill: 10-inch pizza for $5 on Oct. 31.
- Sonic Drive-In: All day on Halloween, get corn dogs for 50 cents each.
Adult Halloween Parties
Every bar in Charlotte will be open on Oct. 31, many hosting costume contests. Here are a few that crossed our desk:
- Petra's "Petrafied": Showing of silent horror movie classic "The Golem" (9 pm), card readings and cleansing hypnosis, costume contest.
- Cu Copper (next to 131 Main in Dilworth): extended hours 5 pm to 2 am.; fall cocktails, bourbon and beer specials; live music; complimentary tapas spread
- Growlers Haunted Pour House (NoDa)
- SIP: Heaven & Hell Bash in the SIP Cellar
- Prohibition: Boo Fest 2013 with $500 prize for sexiest and best costumes.
- Label (NC Music Factory): Carnevil Masquerade with cash prize for best costume; live entertainmnet, fire shows, fashion show, Carolina Ghost Girl. Mask required.
- Baku (SouthPark): Geishas & Samurai Halloween Party
- City Tavern: Nightmare in Southpark with drink specials, half price apps; $200 cash prize for best costume.
- Howl at the Moon (EpiCentre): Howl-O-Ween Bash; costume contest with $2000 in cash and prizes; $3 Angry Orchard hard cider bottles.