Our dish is a variation of Chinese lemon chicken and we added pepper stir-fry vegetables and sliced mandarin and pineapple to balance the acidity with sweetness. We served our dish with jasmine rice and hot green tea.
Origin: our kitchen
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• ½ lb chicken strips (cubed)
• 4 oz sliced mandarin wedges
• 4 oz pineapple cubes
• 1 package Chinese lemon sauce mix
• 2 cups pepper stir-fry vegetables (frozen)
• Olive oil
• 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• Fresh pepper
• Marinate the chicken cubes in the lemon sauce mix for 1 hour while refrigerated.
• Stir-fry the chicken cubes in a hot pan with olive oil until lightly brown.
• Add the stir-fry vegetables (thawed) and mix well together.
• Add the marinade, pepper and rice wine vinegar and bring to a full boil.
• Thicken with cornstarch or flour if desired (optional).
• Add the mandarin wedges and pineapple, including juices to the mixture and let simmer until ready to serve.
Serve hot with jasmine rice.