Pretty soon, Bangor area families will be decorating their homes for the Easter holiday. Many children like to make Easter decorations for their parents to hang throughout their homes. The following is a simple Easter egg magnet craft. These craft foam Easter magnets will look nice on the refrigerator.
There aren’t a lot of materials needed for this craft. You may already have some of the supplies at home. The rest of the materials can be bought at the Bangor area A.C. Moore. The following items are needed to make this craft:
Craft foam (Easter colors)
Printed Easter egg template
This is an easy Easter craft to make. Small children might need help while using the scissors. The following are the directions for this craft:
- Pick an area where the craft will be made. Line the area with newspaper if you want clean-up to be easy. Place all of the materials on the work surface within reach of the child.
- Use the scissors to cut the egg shapes from the template. Don’t cut out the smallest eggs, you won’t be using those.
- Place each egg on a different color of craft foam and use a marker to trace the egg shape on each piece of foam. Use the scissors to cut the eggs from each piece of craft foam. Set the templates aside. Turn each craft foam Easter egg over so that the marker can’t be seen.
- Use the hole punch to make polka dots from some of the remaining craft foam. Cut zigzags and line shapes from the craft foam as well. Use the egg cut outs to measure how big your lines and zigzags need to be. Glue the polka dots, zigzags, and lines to the eggs for decoration. Layer a couple of eggs to make a different magnet. Use the crayons to decorate the craft foam eggs as well. Let the glue and/or marker dry.
- Flip the eggs over. Cut a piece of the magnet strip for each of the eggs. Glue a magnet strip to the back of each egg. Let the glue dry. Hang the Easter magnets on the refrigerator.