Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Child Support Contempt of Court

Evidence of spending or other transfers of money that resulted in a person unable to pay child support or alimony can be sufficient to support a judgment of contempt. However, going to jail because of that contempt requires that the person had the ability to pay and had the ability to fix the situation that caused the contempt. This means that if you are unemployed and have no ability to pay your child support or alimony, you may be in contempt but not have to go to jail. If you need help with a contempt case, contact our office at 816-524-4949.

Visit our website at

Report this ad