Chicken is an easy go-to meal. When paired with a Marsala wine sauce and served atop a bed of angel hair pasta or spaghetti, it makes a luscious and impressive meal. This is an easy preparation meal.
Chicken with Marsala Wine Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- Pound chicken with meat mallet until 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a large resealable bag, mix flour, lemon pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Using same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine and bring to a boil. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat in sauce. Heat through.
- Serve on a bed of prepared pasta. Drizzle with remaining sauce.