Chicken with chayote squash and potato casserole recipe

Comments

• Profile picture of Beverly Mucha
    Beverly Mucha 4 years ago

What a healthy and interesting meal this is. So many flavors in one. This has to be good.
    Winona Cooking Examiner / Winona Home and Living Examiner

• Lynne Lehmer 4 years ago

You are one super cook, Paulo. Where did you learn to cook?

• BONIFACIO EGIDO 4 years ago

EVERY TIME I READ YOUR ARTICLE IT EXCITES ME SO MUCH FOR ANOTHER CHALLENGE, ANOTHER TASTE AND ANOTHER EARNINGS I HAVE AGAIN FOR THE NEW RECIPE YOU INTRODUCE TO ME. WOW VERY NICE AND A PERFECT PRESENTATION OF A FOOD AND THIS IS PERFECT TO OFFER ON ALL THE MEMBERS OF MY FAMILY. WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS I AM SURE THEY LOVE IT AND THEY WILL LOOK FOR IT FOR ANOTHER TRY BECAUSE THIS IS VERY NUTRITIOUS AND A HEALTHY FOOD FOR US. I LOVED IT AND I AM EAGER TO TRY IT FOR I KNOW ALL OF YOUR RECIPES ARE PERFECT ENOUGH. THANK YOU FOR BEING SO RESOURCEFUL ENOUGH AND FOR BEING SO GENEROUS IN SHARING TO US YOUR TALENT IN COOKING. GOD BLESS.

• Profile picture of Amelia Albanese
    Amelia Albanese 4 years ago

Looks delicious! My mother recently cooked with chayote (she grew up in El Salvador) and it wasn't strange at all. It was a pleasant accompaniment to the zucchini and mushrooms she had sauteed.

I look forward to reading more of your stuff, Paulo. I'm glad I found you on the comments of Virginia Kahler-Anderson :)

-San Jose Cheap Eats Examiner

• Paulo Oliveira - Boston Brazilian Food Examiner 4 years ago

Thank you for joining in, Amelia! Yes. I also grew up in Brazil eating chayote squash almost every day and that's why I love it, too. Thanks for the comment!

• Profile picture of Virginia Kahler-Anderson
    Virginia Kahler-Anderson 4 years ago

Hi Paulo! I guess we are still dealing with some quirks on Examiner. I actually came a couple of days ago and left a message, and I see now that it is NOT showing. Sorry! I'm glad I came to check. Lol!

Well, I grew up eating chayote, but all I remember is having it in chicken soup. My mother and grandmother always used it. I've only recently started using it again. I don't know why I haven't done it sooner. It is sweet and delicious. My son described it between a potato and a pear! Great stuff here, Paulo :)

San Jose Food Examiner
    San Jose Home Fitness Examiner

• Rayfosu 4 years ago

I like chicken very much and know that will enjoy this dish. Umm, can't wait to cook and share it with friends... Good work and keep it coming. I learn new dishes from you.

• Michael Thal LA Academic Success Examiner 4 years ago

Stop! Stop! Stop! You're making me so hungry. Great recipe.

• Profile picture of Amy Kurtzman
    Amy Kurtzman 4 years ago

I love squash and I love the way you introduce us to new foods.

• Profile picture of Grettel Deane
    Grettel Deane 4 years ago

yum, looks delicious, I have to try this recipe.