This Chicken, dried fruit, and parsnips skillet meal will leave your tummy full, and taste buds satisfied. This recipe is for everyone. When you see the ingredient list, what's not to like? The glazed chicken and golden cooked parsnips pair well with the dried fruit sprinkled into the warming meal.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium shallots
- 4 medium-large parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 medium skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add the shallots and parsnips and cook until golden, shaking the pan, 2 minutes.
Whisk the apricot preserves, mustard, ginger and cumin in a bowl. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; toss with the apricot glaze.
Scatter the dried fruit in the skillet. Place the chicken, skin-side up, on top. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until heated through, 6 minutes. Uncover and transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Push the chicken to the side of the skillet, then stir the vinegar into the pan juices (add up to 2 tablespoons water if the sauce is too thick). Serve from the skillet.
This recipe is courtesy of Food Network.