Today’s dinner feature is Chicken and Gorgonzola Pasta. Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheeses mix with cream to create a fabulous sauce for chicken and pasta. Made extra hearty with assorted mushrooms, this dish goes from prep to the dinner table in about 30 minutes. Begin your meal with today’s salad feature – Antipasti Salad with Chickpeas – and you’ll create a meal that you and your family will truly enjoy. Healthy and joyous eating!
Chicken and Gorgonzola Pasta (Recipe courtesy Better Homes and Garden)
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces stemmed fresh cremini, shiitake, and/or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (4 ounces)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 12 – 16 ounces dried pasta, cooked and drained (gluten-free variety, if needed)
Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook and stir until brown. Remove from skillet. Repeat with another 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining chicken; remove from skillet. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are softened and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
Return chicken to skillet; stir in cream. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in ½ cup of the Gorgonzola cheese, the Parmesan cheese, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until cheeses are melted.
Add chicken mixture, the remaining 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, and parsley to hot cooked pasta; toss gently to combine. Serving yield = 6 to 8 servings.