Here are a few timely links and news bites of happenings in the Chicago music scene over the past week:
- West Town's Food Truck Social will be returning for its second year this weekend (August 25th-26th), and will not only offer up a variety of local food trucks in one location, but also include a lineup of Chicago bands including Scott Lucas & the Married Men, Thin Hymns, Black Bear Combo and more. Click here for the full list and additional details on the event.
- The Tribune's Greg Kot interviewed Gotye, who plays a local show at Charter One Pavilion tonight.
- Chicago Mixtape did another interview, this time not with a band but with Patrick Scott, who runs the local cassette label Modern Tapes. See what Patrick had to say here.
- The Deli is offering bands from the 12 cities it covers, including Chicago, the chance to play a Deli show at CMJ Music Marathon in New York City in October. They'll be taking submissions until August 30th, and you can read more on how to enter here.
- Chicago's Future Ghosts released a new single titled "The Drift" along with a b-side called "Valentine" as a "name your price" download on their Bandcamp site. The track comes from the band's upcoming album Light on Canvas, due this Fall.