August 31, 2013
Here are a few timely links and news bites of happenings in the Chicago music scene over the past week:
- Disappears premiered the new video for their track "Power," lead single off their newly-released fourth album, Era. Give it a look and listen over at Spin.com.
- The Hudson Branch have been working on a new album, and as many bands do, are looking for some help to bring it into the world via a Kickstarter campaign. You can learn more about the campaign and hear some of the new material here.
- Young Chicago rockers The Orwells--who played Lollapalooza earlier this month--have signed a publishing deal with BMG Chrysalis US. The band will release a new EP, Who Needs You, in September.
- A new pop-up music event called "ChillFest" will hit Wicker Park and Bucktown on November 16th. The free event will find over 100 local musicians pop-up gigging with live, acoustic sets in area storefronts. You can find out more here.
- Gapers Block has an article on the upcoming 17th annual Hideout Block Party--coming up on September 6 and 7--including details on the lineup and what specifically some of the Hideout's staff are most looking forward to.