Nicole Jorwic auditioned in mid January 2012 for a spot on a reality weight loss show that proved to be an successful experience. Not only did she bust through her goal weight to lose 30% of her total body weight in just three months but she savored the Chicago Chocolate diet that was key in her weight loss story.
When speaking with Nicole, I asked her what were the top five things that made a difference in her successful weight loss this time.
5. Timing: I was ready to take on this challenge and face the truth about how heavy I had gotten once and for all.
4. Family Support: From my parents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles I was constantly supported through the process and cheered up and on along the way.
3. Accountability: Knowing that our success or mis-steps would be put out there on camera was the accountability that I needed to stay true to my program and the goals that I had.
2. Healthy Chocolate and Nutritional Guidance: The healthy chocolate kept me on track and was SO easy to follow. I came to crave my shakes and chocolate pieces throughout the day and they helped to break my cravings for unhealthy things. My trainers both gave me great nutritional guidance on how to eat my 800 healthy calories and with their help I really changed the way that I looked at food.
1. Trainer Relationships: The Healthy Chocolate was the key, but without my team of leaders/trainers: Jamie and Tony and Michelle, the Healthy Chocolate guru I couldn’t have turned it. Those emotional supports were invaluable. For me Jamie and Tony pushed me through the pain and struggles and really made me realize that I could do anything, even become a runner!
Andrea Metcalf is a healthy lifestyle expert in Chicago, best selling author of Naked Fitness, and motivational speaker. She produced the Women's Dream Conference in Chicago in 2012 and plans to inspire, educate and develop more venues to help people share, soar and succeed. Circle in with Andrea on Google+ today.