New recipes are so refreshing if you are feeling uninspired in the morning. This delicious chia porridge is simple, filling and full of nutrients, fiber and healthy fat.
Ingredients per person:
- 3 T chia seeds (also delicious with added ground flax seeds!)
- Water to soak
- ¼-3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- ½-1 tsp. coconut nectar OR raw honey OR a few drops of stevia to sweeten
- Optional: ½-1 tsp ghee
- Soak chia for 1 hr (or overnight) in water (approx. ¾ cup)
- Add gelatinous mixture and coconut milk to small pan and heat on medium low for a few minutes until warm, stirring occasionally. If you add ground flax seeds, double the amount of coconut milk.
- Add sweetener and cinnamon, stir.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in ghee.